Dacula in Gwinnett County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 2002 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 067-5.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • Roads & Vehicles • War of 1812 • Wars, US Indian. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1813.
Location. 34° 2.901′ N, 83° 56.044′ W. Marker is in Dacula, Georgia, in Gwinnett County. Marker is at the intersection of Braselton Highway (Georgia Route 124) and Dennis Drive, on the right when traveling north on Braselton Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dacula GA 30019, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this markerHog Mountain Baptist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Elisha Winn House (approx. 2.3 miles away); Stone Structures (approx. 2.6 miles away); Old Oak Tree (approx. 3 miles away); Karina Miller Nature Preserve (approx. 3.2 miles away); Little Mulberry Park (approx. 3.3 miles away); The Dr. William Hinton House (approx. 3.7 miles away); Chesser-Williams House (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dacula.
More about this marker. This marker replaced an earlier marker of the same title and similar text on this location erected by the Georgia Historical Commission. A marker erected by the W.P.A in the 1930s also stood here until recently.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,667 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.