Near Dawson in Terrell County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
General Andrew Jackson
Erected 1913 by Dorothy Walton Chapter, D.A.R. Mrs. W. A. McLain, Regent. Land donated by Mr. W. L. Gumm.
Erected 1913 by Dorothy Walton Chapter, D.A.R.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Wars, US Indian. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), and the Former U.S. Presidents: #07 Andrew Jackson series lists. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1894.
Location. 31° 41.933′ N, 84° 26.5′ W. Marker is near Dawson, Georgia, in Terrell County. Marker is at the intersection of Herod Highway (Georgia Route 55) and County Route 164, on the right when traveling north on Herod HighwayTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dawson GA 39842, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Herod Town (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Gun Shop (approx. 5.2 miles away); To The Memory of James Mathews Griggs (approx. 5.2 miles away); Terrell County (approx. 5.2 miles away); Chickasawhatchee Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 5.3 miles away); Gen. Patrick Cleburne Camp, S.C.V. (approx. 5.3 miles away); a different marker also named Confederate Gun Shop (approx. 5.7 miles away); Battleground of Echowanochaway Creek (approx. 11 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dawson.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 17, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,133 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.