Dawson in Terrell County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 135-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Law Enforcement • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is February 16, 1836.
Location. 31° 46.407′ N, 84° 26.76′ W. Marker is in Dawson, Georgia, in Terrell County. Marker Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dawson GA 39842, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Confederate Gun Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Gen. Patrick Cleburne Camp, S.C.V. (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Confederate Gun Shop (approx. half a mile away); Chickasawhatchee Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 1.4 miles away); Old Herod Town (approx. 5.1 miles away); General Andrew Jackson (approx. 5.2 miles away); 1827 Site of Chenube Indian Village (approx. 7.2 miles away); Battle of Echowanotchaway Swamp Monument (approx. 7.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dawson.
Also see . . . Terrell County from the New Georgia Encyclopedia. (Submitted on January 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 986 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.