Ellaville in Schley County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First county officers were: Ordinary Wm. J. May, Clerk Hiram L. French, Sheriff A.J. Womach, Tax Receiver Henry Scarborough, Tax Collect Henry D. Holt, Coroner Ben T. Smith, Representative Seaborn Hixon, State Senator Charles Edwards, Inferior Court Judges Johnson Springer, Jas. Murray, Robt. Burton, G.W. Johnson, R.W. Wilkinson.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 123-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Law Enforcement • Settlements & Settlers • Women. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is December 22, 1871.
Location. 32° 14.265′ N, 84° 18.534′ W. Marker is in Ellaville, Georgia, in Schley County. Marker is on South Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ellaville GA 31806, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Schley County Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); History of Ellaville and Schley County (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stevens Cotton Gin (about 500 feet away); Ellaville High School (about 500 feet away); Greene's Dairy (about 500 feet away); Hill's Mill (about 500 feet away); The Ellaville Depot (about 500 feet away); Ellaville High School Schley County High School (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ellaville.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 1, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 666 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 1, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.