Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Eufaula in Barbour County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
 

Confederate Hospital

1861 - 1865

 
 
Confederate Hospital Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tim Carr, March 16, 2007
1. Confederate Hospital Marker
Inscription.  
“Sanctuary for valiant
and courageous men”

Built for a river tavern 1836

 
Erected by Barbour County Chapter United Daughter of the Confederacy.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & CommerceScience & MedicineWar, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1861.
 
Location. 31° 53.575′ N, 85° 8.114′ W. Marker is in Eufaula, Alabama, in Barbour County. Marker is at the intersection of Riverside Drive and Front Street, on the right when traveling north on Riverside Drive. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Eufaula AL 36027, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Governors Park (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Thomas "Tom" Mann / Eufaula, Alabama (approx. ¼ mile away); Cotton and Creek Country (approx. ¼ mile away); Central Railroad of Georgia Freight Depot (approx. ¼ mile away);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Chief Eufaula (Yoholo Micco) (approx. ¼ mile away); The City of Eufaula (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Second Creek War in the Eufaula Area (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Town of Irwinton (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eufaula.
 
Confederate Hospital & Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tim Carr, January 6, 2007
2. Confederate Hospital & Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on February 25, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 2,995 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 25, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=27986

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024