Middlebury in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
The Middlebury Fire House
— Town of Middlebury Greenway 2005 —
Pictured are the original 1941 Ford LaFrance, 1947 International tanker and 1928 Hahn City service ladder truck.
Prior to this time the Ford was kept in a gas station across the street and the tanker in a barn at Judd's corner. Today, a memorial garden has been developed on this site.
Erected 2005 by Town of Middlebury.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Environment • Railroads & Streetcars • Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1949.
Location. 41° 32.27′ N, 73° 6.379′ W. Marker is in Middlebury, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker is at the intersection of Middlebury Road (Route 64) and Regan Road, on the right when traveling east on Middlebury Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Middlebury CT 06762, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rochambeau Route 1781 – 82 (approx. ¾ mile away); Julius and Augusta Bronson Farm Middlebury (approx. 1.1 miles away); Middlebury Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.1 miles away); Middlebury Blacksmith Shop (approx. 1.3 miles away); Bissel's Store, Middlebury Station (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Trolley (approx. 2 miles away); Lake Quassapaug Station (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Middlebury.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 5, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 980 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 5, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.