Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Scituate in Plymouth County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Men of Kent Cemetery

 
 
Men of Kent Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Roger W. Sinnott, May 11, 2010
1. Men of Kent Cemetery Marker
Inscription.  Burial place of many of the town’s original settlers who came from Kent County, England, in 1628. This is also the site of the first church in Scituate, built in 1634.
 
Erected 1976 by Scituate Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches & ReligionColonial EraNotable PlacesSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1628.
 
Location. 42° 11.321′ N, 70° 43.779′ W. Marker is in Scituate, Massachusetts, in Plymouth County. Marker is on Meetinghouse Lane, on the left when traveling west. Marker is the easternmost of three. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Scituate MA 02066, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Meeting House (a few steps from this marker); Site of the First Church (a few steps from this marker); First Training Field (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mann Historical Museum (approx. ¼ mile away); Satuit Brook (approx.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
0.3 miles away); Williams-Barker House (approx. one mile away); Third Cliff (approx. 1.2 miles away); Site of Stockbridge Mansion (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Scituate.
 
Wider View image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Roger W. Sinnott, May 11, 2010
2. Wider View
The quaint Men of Kent Cemetery as it looks today. Adjacent to it (behind the camera) is Scituate’s much larger Union Cemetery.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 11, 2010, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 1,686 times since then and 115 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 11, 2010, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=30615

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 20, 2024