Henrico in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Ridge Baptist Church UDC Memorial
Erected in memory of the Confederate veterans of this locality by the Chesterfield Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy. The original Ridge Baptist Church building was used as a hospital during the War Between the States.
Erected 1953 by Chesterfield Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Topics and series. This historical marker memorial is listed in these topic lists: Science & Medicine • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy series list.
Location. 37° 36.151′ N, 77° 33.64′ W. Marker is in Henrico, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker is on East Ridge Road 0.1 miles west of Three Chopt Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1515 East Ridge Road, Henrico VA 23229, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Quioccasin, Westwood and Pryor Cemeteries (approx. 0.4 miles away); Tommy Edwards (approx. 1.1 miles away); Skipwith Academy Dahlgren's Raid (approx. 1.6 miles away); Old Coal Pit Railroad Bed (approx. 2.1 miles away); Virginia Home for Boys (approx. 2.4 miles away); Outer Defenses (approx. 2½ miles away); Deep Run Baptist Church (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Henrico.
Also see . . .
1. Three Chopt District Historic Sites - Ridge Baptist Church. Henrico Historical Society (Submitted on June 27, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
2. Ridge Baptist Church. (Submitted on June 27, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 27, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 787 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 27, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.