Madison in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Pethrick sold the property in 1876. Mrs. Freda Keys Winterble purchased it in 1943. She restored the home preserving its original architectural style and named it Keystone House.
The Wis. Alumni Research Foundation purchased the property in 1967 and gave it to the University of Wisconsin.
Erected 1972 by Dane County Historical Society. (Marker Number 14.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Architecture • Education • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin, Dane County Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1853.
Location. 43° 4.522′ N, 89° 26.015′ W. Marker is in Madison, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 901 University Bay Drive, Madison WI 53705, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Unitarian Meeting House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Howard M. Temin (approx. half a mile away); Aldo Leopold House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Hoyt Park (approx. 0.6 miles away); Forest Hill Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Forest Hill Cemetery & Effigy Mound Group (approx. 0.6 miles away); Madison Park & Pleasure Drive Association (approx. 0.6 miles away); University Creek Group (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 28, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 30, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 864 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 1, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.