Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Coshocton in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Bouquet’s Camp

 
 
Bouquet's Camp Marker image. Click for full size.
By Carl Breth, October 30, 2007
1. Bouquet's Camp Marker
Inscription.  On the hill north of here was made, in 1764. The memorable treaty which brought almost continuous peace between the Indians and the Whites. The expedition of 1500 men, under Col. Henry Bouquet, marched from Fort Pitt reaching the Forks of the Muskingum, Thursday, October 25, 1764. The army encamped here until Sunday, November 18th. Exacting the White captives from the Indians and took back to their families in the east, 206 White men, women and children prisoners liberated from Indian captivity.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraHeroesNative Americans. A significant historical date for this entry is October 25, 1764.
 
Location. 40° 18.054′ N, 81° 52.629′ W. Marker is near Coshocton, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is at the intersection of County Road 24 and Local Road 26, on the right when traveling north on County Road 24. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Coshocton OH 43812, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bouquet’s Expedition (approx. ¾ mile away); Visitor Center - 1992 (approx. 1.3 miles away); Underground Railroad Agents in Coshocton County / Muskingum River Underground Railroad Corridor
Bouquet's Camp Marker image. Click for full size.
By Carl Breth, October 30, 2007
2. Bouquet's Camp Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1.4 miles away); Village Smithy - c.1890 (approx. 1.4 miles away); Hay Craft and Learning Center - 1987 (approx. 1.4 miles away); Daniel Carroll House - c.1850 (approx. 1½ miles away); George LeRetilley House - 1853 (approx. 1½ miles away); Jacob Welsh House - c.1840 (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Coshocton.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 4, 2007, by Carl Breth of Willoughby Hills, Ohio. This page has been viewed 2,066 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 4, 2007, by Carl Breth of Willoughby Hills, Ohio. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=3289

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 13, 2021