Easton in Talbot County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Meeting House of the Society of Friends
1682 - 1684
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Quakerism series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1682.
Location. 38° 46.044′ N, 76° 4.544′ W. Marker is in Easton, Maryland, in Talbot County. Marker is on South Washington Street (Maryland Route 565) south of West Earle Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 405 South Washington Street, Easton MD 21601, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Archaeology at the Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Gardens (approx. 0.4 miles away); Votes for Women (approx. 0.4 miles away); Easton's Fire Bell (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Bullitt House (approx. half Vietnam War (approx. half a mile away); The Talbot Resolves (approx. half a mile away); Birthplace of Tench Francis, Jr. (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Easton.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 6, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 4, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,284 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on November 4, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.