Sandy Springs in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hightower (Etowah) Trail
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-114.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 33° 59.47′ N, 84° 21.605′ W. Marker is in Sandy Springs, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on Hightower Trail 0.1 milesTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30350, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Garrard’s Cav. & Newton’s Division (approx. one mile away); McPherson’s Troops at Shallow Ford (approx. one mile away); Allenbrook (approx. 1.2 miles away); Barrington Hall (approx. 1˝ miles away); Original Mill (approx. 1.6 miles away); a different marker also named Barrington Hall (approx. 1.6 miles away); Roswell King (approx. 1.6 miles away); Founders' Cemetery (approx. 1.6 miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 26, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 2,499 times since then and 29 times this year. Last updated on July 22, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1. submitted on February 26, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on June 4, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 3. submitted on February 27, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.