Irwin in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Braddock's Military Road 1755
"Three Springs" Camp
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Roads & Vehicles • War, French and Indian. In addition, it is included in the Braddock’s Road and Maj. Gen. Edward Braddock series list.
Location. 40° 19.67′ N, 79° 44.255′ W. Marker is in Irwin, Pennsylvania, in Westmoreland County. Marker is at the intersection of Clay Pike and Robbins Station Road on Clay Pike. Marker is low to the ground between shrubs under the sign for the First National Bank at the corner of Clay Pike and Robbins Station Road. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Long Run Church (approx. ¼ mile away); John Irwin House (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Beginning of the Lincoln Highway (approx. 1.4 miles away); Fort Reburn (approx. 2.6 miles away); Fort Walthour (approx. 2.8 miles away); Braddock's Military Road 1755 Monacatootha's Camp (approx. 3.1 miles away); Arthur J. Rooney (approx. 3.9 miles away); Braddock's Last Encampment (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Irwin.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 10, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 20, 2010, by William Richard Harrison of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 2,554 times since then and 35 times this year. Last updated on July 25, 2010, by William Richard Harrison of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1. submitted on July 20, 2010, by William Richard Harrison of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 2. submitted on January 4, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.