Kittrell in Vance County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Glass House
Erected 1959 by Archives and Highway Departments. (Marker Number G-74.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Parks & Recreational Areas • Science & Medicine. In addition, it is included in the North Carolina Division of Archives and History series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1871.
Location. 36° 13.354′ N, 78° 26.635′ W. Marker is in Kittrell, North Carolina, in Vance County. Marker is on U.S. 1 0.1 miles north of Kittrell College Road, on the left when traveling north. Marker is on the west side of US 1, between Main Street and College Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4098 Route 1, Kittrell NC 27544, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kittrell’s Springs (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Kittrell Confederate Cemetery (approx. "Tiny" Broadwick (approx. 5.9 miles away); Harris Meeting House (approx. 7.7 miles away); Corbitt Company (approx. 7.9 miles away); Moses A. Hopkins (approx. 8˝ miles away); Central Orphanage of North Carolina (approx. 8.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kittrell.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 701 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 21, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.