Blue Mounds in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Blue Mounds Fort
The heirs of Col. Ebenezer Brigham donated a portion of the Fort site to the State Historical Society in 1921.
Erected 1992 by Dane County Historical Society. (Marker Number 29.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian. In addition, it is included in the Black Hawk War, and the Wisconsin, Dane County Historical Society series lists. A significant historical month for this entry is April 1832.
Location. 43° 0.909′ N, 89° 49.6′ W. Marker is in Blue Mounds, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is at the intersection of County Route ID and Division Street (County Route F), on the left when traveling east on County Route ID. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Blue Mounds WI 53517, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Blue Mounds Fort (approx. 0.7 miles away); Brigham Park (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Brigham Park (approx. one mile away); Army Cargo Plane Crash (approx. 1½ miles away); German Valley (approx. 3 miles away); Elvers Corner (approx. 4.1 miles away); Old Town (approx. 4.9 miles away); Hauge Log Church - 1852 (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Blue Mounds.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 21, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,910 times since then and 100 times this year. Last updated on September 7, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 21, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.