Staten Island in Richmond County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Relatives of Elizabeth Bayley Seton
Elizabeth Bayley Seton who are buried in this churchyard
Reverend Richard Charlon, D.D.
Rector of St. Andrew’s Church from 1747 until is death in 1777.
Mary Bayeux Charlton,
Wife of Reverend Richard Charlton, date of death unknown.
Dr. Richard Bayley,
Distinguished Physician, first officer of the Port of New York. Died 1801.
Catherine Charlton Bayley,
Mary Bayley Post,
Erected by Sisters of Charity, Mount Saint Vincent on Hudson, New York,
in honor of their foundress, venerable Mother Elizabeth Bayley Seton.
Erected by Sisters of Charity, Mount Saint Vincent on Hudson, NY.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1747.
Location. 40° 34.372′ N, 74° 8.833′ W. Marker is in Staten Island, New York, in Richmond CountyTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 40 Old Mill Road, Staten Island NY 10307, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Patriots under Gen. Mercer (here, next to this marker); Church of St. Andrew (here, next to this marker); Church of Saint Andrew (a few steps from this marker); St. Andrew’s Church (within shouting distance of this marker); The Treasure House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of 18th century structures (about 300 feet away); Christopher House (about 300 feet away); The Three Sisters Garden (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Staten Island.
Also see . . .
1. Biography of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. Emmitsburg Area Historical Society. (Submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.)
2. The Church of St. Andrew website. (Submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 28, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 739 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.