Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1961 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 121-41.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites Education • Government & Politics • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1780.
Location. 33° 28.534′ N, 82° 1.403′ W. Marker is in Augusta, Georgia, in Richmond County. Marker can be reached from near Arsenal Avenue near Patrol Drive. located on the campus of Augusta State University. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Augusta GA 30904, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Bell at Augusta State University (a few steps from this marker); Stephen Vincent Benet House (within shouting distance of this marker); Augusta College Three Original Arsenal Buildings (within shouting distance of this marker); The Augusta Arsenal (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Walker Family Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Augusta State University (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named The Augusta Arsenal (approx. 0.2 miles away); Augusta Arsenal 1941 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Augusta.
Regarding Bellevue. Son, William
1. Interesting Fact
Bellevue Hall has a large basement that still has the original coal chutes, some coal pieces and a meat storage locker that was the house fridge back in the 1800's.
— Submitted February 26, 2014, by Deron E Lillard of Augusta, Georgia.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 4, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,323 times since then and 172 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 4, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 7. submitted on August 22, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.