Thomaston in Upson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 145-3.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 32° 53.031′ N, 84° 19.453′ W. Marker is in Thomaston, Georgia, in Upson County. Marker is on South Bethel Street 0 miles north of Mallory Street, on the right when traveling south. The marker stands in the eastern part of Glenwood Cemetery, accessible from South Bethel Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Thomaston GA 30286, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Upson County (approx. ¼ mile away); First Cannon Ball (approx. ¼ mile away); Upson Confederate Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); General John B. Gordon (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pettigrew-White-Stamps House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Trice Cemetery (approx. 3.1 miles away); Unknown Confederate Dead (approx. 6.9 miles away); First Post Office (approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Thomaston.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 1, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 779 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 1, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.