Corpus Christi in Nueces County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Mirador de la Flor (Overlook of the Flower)
City of Corpus Christi
Dedicated May 25, 1997
Selena was referred to as La Flor (The Flower)
and identified with La Rosa Blanca (The White Rose)
When you view La Rosa Blanca, you feel her presence
Selena’s stage is now silent.
yet her persona enriched the lives of those she
touched and her music lives on.
Mirador de la Flor
(Overlook of the Flower)
Erected 1997 by the City of Corpus Christi - the Devary Durrill Foundation, benefactor.
Topics. This historical marker and memorial is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Entertainment • Hispanic Americans • Women. A significant historical date for this entry is May 25, 1842.
Location. 27° 47.798′ N, 97° 23.458′ W. Marker is in Corpus Christi, Texas, in Nueces County. Marker is at the intersection of North Shoreline Boulevard/Ocean Drive and Peoples Street, T-Head, on the right when traveling north on North Shoreline Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Corpus Christi TX 78401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1966 Farm Workers Rally and March (a few steps from this marker); 1941 Corpus Christi Seawall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Niña (about 300 feet away); Gutzon Borglum and the Corpus Christi Bayfront (about 400 feet away); Site of Nueces Hotel (about 600 feet away); Site of Old Salt Mill (about 600 feet away); Capitán Blas María de la Garza Falcón (approx. 0.2 miles away); Corpus Christi (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Corpus Christi.
Also see . . .
1. Selena. (Submitted on November 8, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
2. Tejano Music. (Submitted on November 8, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. Tejano; H.W."Buddy" Tatum, sculptor.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 8, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,210 times since then and 161 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 8, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.