Near Myerstown in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Tulpehocken Evangelical and Reformed Church
Organized in 1727 by Tulpehocken settlers. Since 1745, one red rose has been paid annually by the Church to the heirs of Caspar Wistar as rental for the land granted by him for erection of the second place of worship. Since 1902, a white rose, a token of appreciation, has been given to Wistar's descendants.
Erected 1954 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1727.
Location. 40° 23.051′ N, 76° 15.958′ W. Marker is near Myerstown, Pennsylvania, in Lebanon County. Marker is on Lincoln Avenue/Benjamin Franklin Highway (U.S. 422) 0.1 miles east of Wintersville Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 912 East Lincoln Avenue, Myerstown PA 17067, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow fliesCaspar Wistar (approx. 0.2 miles away); Livingood (Löwengut) Family (approx. one mile away); Regina Leininger (approx. one mile away); John A. Shulze (approx. one mile away); Marion Township Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.9 miles away); Fort Zeller (approx. 3½ miles away); Union Canal (approx. 3.8 miles away); Charming Forge (approx. 4.7 miles away).
Also see . . . Caspar Wistar. (Submitted on December 5, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 5, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,263 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 5, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 5, 6. submitted on December 7, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.