Darien in Walworth County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
One of the earliest settlers in Darien
and donor of the land for this park
to the Village of Darien
This highway is an old Indian Trail
and Territorial Road. It was, and now is,
used as a military road between Madison
and Fort Dearborn, now Chicago.
Erected 1930 by Darien Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list.
Location. 42° 35.962′ N, 88° 42.542′ W. Marker is in Darien, Wisconsin, in Walworth County. Marker is in Darien Park, about 100 feet east of the intersection of Walworth Street (U.S. Highway 14) and Beloit Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Darien WI 53114, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow Darien Civil War Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); Allen Family (approx. 3 miles away); Wisconsin's First School for the Deaf (approx. 3.6 miles away); Soldier of The American Revolution (approx. 4.1 miles away); Birthplace of “The Greatest Show on Earth” (approx. 4.2 miles away); The Crossing (approx. 8.3 miles away); The Old Clinton Water Tower (approx. 8.3 miles away); The 755th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron (approx. 8.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on January 29, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 15, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,068 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 15, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.