North Strabane Township in Washington County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1949 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Education. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1775.
Location. 40° 14.513′ N, 80° 10.682′ W. Marker is in North Strabane Township, Pennsylvania, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Road (U.S. 19) and Pennsylvania Route 519, on the right when traveling south on Washington Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2230 Washington Rd, Canonsburg PA 15317, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Reverend John McMillan, D.D. (a few steps from this marker); Dr. Jonathan Letterman (approx. 1.2 miles away); Delvin G. MillerColonel George Morgan (approx. 2.4 miles away); West Shelter (approx. 4.7 miles away); Richfol Shelter (approx. 4.7 miles away); Washington (approx. 5 miles away); a different marker also named Washington (approx. 5.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in North Strabane Township.
Also see . . .
1. John McMillan - Wikipedia. (Submitted on February 21, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
2. John McMillan - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 13, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 6, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 20, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,156 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 20, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on April 29, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.