St. Charles in Lee County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Rev. John Leighton Wilson, D.D.
Erected 1963 by Lee County Historical Commission. (Marker Number 31-3.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Abolition & Underground RR • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1844.
Location. 34° 3.145′ N, 80° 11.78′ W. Marker is in St. Charles, South Carolina, in Lee County. Marker is on Nancy Branch Road (State Highway 31-154), on the right when traveling north. Located about 1.8 mi. South of its intersection with U.S. Hwy. 401. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mayesville SC 29104, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mt. Zion Presbyterian Church (approx. 3.8 miles away); The Mayesville Story Rev. Thomas Reese English (approx. 4.6 miles away); Birthplace of Mary McLeod Bethune (approx. 5 miles away); Bethel United Methodist Church (approx. 5.4 miles away); Beulah School (approx. 6.9 miles away); Lynchburg Veterans Memorial (approx. 7 miles away); Ellison Durant Smith (approx. 7.2 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on December 14, 2019. It was originally submitted on March 11, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,086 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 11, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.