Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1997 by Michigan History Center, Department of State. (Marker Number HB11.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1842.
Location. 42° 19.761′ N, 83° 2.527′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of East Jefferson Avenue (State Highway 10) and Randolph Street (State Highway 3), on the right when traveling east on East Jefferson Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 170 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit MI 48226, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. U.S. Topographical Engineers (a few steps from this marker); Shrine Circus (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Salvation Army (about 600 feet away); Spirit of Detroit (about 700 feet away); University of Michigania (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Landing of Cadillac / Le débarquement de Cadillac (approx. 0.2 miles away); George DeBaptiste Homesite (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Cadillac Convoy / Le Convoi de Cadillac (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Also see . . . Mariner's Church History. (Submitted on May 12, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 10, 2011, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 603 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on May 10, 2011, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.