Arlington in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Jason Russell House
1630 – 1930
Erected 1930 by the Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary • Women. In addition, it is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers series list.
Location. 42° 24.965′ N, 71° 9.494′ W. Marker is in Arlington, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is on Jason Street, on the right when traveling south. Marker is near the intersection of Jason Street with Massachusetts Avenue (U.S. 3). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Arlington MA 02476, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. House of John Cutter (within shouting distance of this marker); Captain Cooke’s Mill Lane (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Men of Menotomy (approx. ¼ Whittemore Park (approx. 0.3 miles away); Samuel Whittemore (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cooper’s Tavern (approx. 0.4 miles away); Arlington Reservoir (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Foot of the Rocks (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Arlington.
Also see . . .
1. Tercentenary Commission. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Tercentenary Commission, commemorating the 300th anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on June 2, 2011, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts.)
2. Arlington Historical Society. The Arlington Historical Society was founded amidst rapid residential development in what had been a quiet agricultural town. The purposes of the Society are to (1) promote and encourage the knowledge of the history of the Town of Arlington and the preservation of its antiquities, (2) disseminate historical information in the Town and elsewhere, (3) preserve and operate the Jason Russell House, the Smith Museum, and The Society's collections and (4) engage in other activities as may be permitted by the Articles of Organization when deemed useful by the Board of Directors of the Society (Submitted on November 6, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 16, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 2, 2011, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 1,147 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 2, 2011, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.