Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
acres. The present 1743 house
was built by the Hewlings
family near the earlier mill.
Signs of an early Indian camp
ground exist across the road.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 18.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Native Americans. A significant historical year for this entry is 1678.
Location. 39° 52.729′ N, 74° 51.628′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on Tuckerton Road west of Christopher Mill Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medford NJ 08055, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hoot Owl Farm (approx. 0.8 miles away); Decades Ago in Lake Pine (approx. 1.1 miles away); Thomas & Mary Evens House (approx. 1˝ miles away); Oliphant’s Mill (approx. 1.7 miles away); Cross Keys School (approx. 2 miles away); Haines / Cochley / Singer House Stratton Burying Ground (approx. 2.2 miles away); Braddock’s Landing (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History Project website. (Submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 600 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.