Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Dr. George Haines House

1847 - 1997

 
 
The Dr. George Haines House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, July 17, 2011
1. The Dr. George Haines House Marker
Inscription.  Dr. Haines was the first registered physician in Medford. He helped organize the County Agricultural Society and a local bank. He built this home for his bride in 1826.
 
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 21.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: AgricultureIndustry & CommerceScience & Medicine. A significant historical year for this entry is 1826.
 
Location. 39° 54.049′ N, 74° 49.412′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of N Main Street (County Route 431) and Branch Street, on the right when traveling north on N Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medford NJ 08055, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ely Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); A Sears Roebuck House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Dr. Josiah Reeve House (about 400 feet away); The Stacy Prickett House (about 500 feet away); The Weeks-Bowker House (about
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
500 feet away); Milton Allen’s School (about 500 feet away); First House on Bank Street (about 600 feet away); Nine South Main Street (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medford.
 
Also see . . .  Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History Project website. (Submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.) 
 
The Dr. George Haines House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, July 17, 2011
2. The Dr. George Haines House Marker
Marker in Medford image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, July 17, 2011
3. Marker in Medford
The Dr. George Haines House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, July 17, 2011
4. The Dr. George Haines House
Based on evidence uncovered during a 1970s historic survey, this house was used as a stop on the Underground Railroad.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,142 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 17, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=44684

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 20, 2024