Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Ticonderoga in Essex County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Carillon Outpost

 
 
Carillon Outpost Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joe Harness, July 16, 2011
1. Carillon Outpost Marker
Inscription.  
Major post on Lake George, a small palisaded log fort, built in 1756 to defend Fort Carillon from British attack, & named Camp De Contrecoeur, stood in this vicinity.
 
Erected by Ticonderoga Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraForts and CastlesWar, French and Indian. A significant historical year for this entry is 1756.
 
Location. 43° 48.961′ N, 73° 26.372′ W. Marker is near Ticonderoga, New York, in Essex County. Marker is on Baldwin Road (County Route 5) 0.1 miles south of Howes Landing, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 318 Baldwin Road, Ticonderoga NY 12883, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Abercrombie's Landing (within shouting distance of this marker); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 0.8 miles away); Indian Trail (approx. 1.1 miles away); LaChute River Trail (approx. 1˝ miles away); Cliff Seat (approx. 1.6 miles away); Old Military Road
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1.7 miles away); Rogers’ Rangers (approx. 1.7 miles away); Historic Valley (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ticonderoga.
 
Wideview of Carillon Outpost Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Kevin Craft, September 30, 2016
2. Wideview of Carillon Outpost Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 3, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 27, 2011, by Joe Harness of Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 789 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on July 27, 2011, by Joe Harness of Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey.   2. submitted on October 3, 2016, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=45104

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Mar. 1, 2024