Woodland in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The ferry became property of Sussex County following the brothers' death in 1843. First postoffice named "Woodland" was established in 1882 and the hamlet took the same name. The State acquired the county roads and ferry in 1935.
Erected 1966 by Public Archives Commission. (Marker Number SC-65.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Roads & Vehicles • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Delaware Public Archives series list.
Location. 38° 36.026′ N, 75° 39.461′ W. Marker is in Woodland, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is at the intersection of Woodland Ferry Road and Woodland Church Road, on the right when traveling south on Woodland Ferry Road. Marker is across the road from the ferry. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Seaford DE 19973, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, Woodland Ferry (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sailor's Bethel Methodist Church (approx. 2.9 miles away); Bethel Shipyard (approx. 3 miles away); Portsville United Methodist Church (approx. 3.1 miles away); Ladies' Auxiliary of the Seaford Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. (LASVFD) (approx. 3.4 miles away); Stein Highway (approx. 3.4 miles away); Seaford Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. (approx. 3.4 miles away); Blades United Methodist Church (approx. 3˝ miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 5, 2008, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,247 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on January 5, 2008, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.