Norwalk in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
St. Paulís Historic Graveyard
This historic graveyard is one of the oldest in Norwalk. It predates the Revolutionary War and is the resting place of several patriots of the American Revolution. It is situated on the original grant of land given to the professors of the Church of England in 1733-34. It was used as a public sheepfold in the early days of the colony. Anne Kemper, the wife of the first missionary Bishop of the American Church, is buried here. Her husband, Jackson Kemper was rector of St. Paulís from 1830 – 1835.
Location. 41° 7.206′ N, 73° 24.456′ W. Marker is in Norwalk, Connecticut, in Fairfield County. Marker is on St. Paulís Place, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located in front of St. Paulís on the Green. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Norwalk CT 06851, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Parish of St. Paulís (a few steps from this marker); St. Paulís Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Norwalk World War I Memorial (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Norwalk (approx. Burning of Norwalk (approx. ľ mile away); Battle of the Rocks Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); Liberty Tree Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Norwalk Founded (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Norwalk.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era •
More. Search the internet for St. Paulís Historic Graveyard.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 13, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 639 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 13, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.