Clemmons in Forsyth County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Built a fort of huge logs at this place about 1757 to protect his family and neighbors from attack by the Indians
Erected 1956 by Descendants of William Johnson.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War, French and Indian. A significant historical year for this entry is 1757.
Location. 36° 0.22′ N, 80° 24.482′ W. Marker is in Clemmons, North Carolina, in Forsyth County. Marker is at the intersection of Tanglewood Park Road and River Birch Creek, on the right when traveling south on Tanglewood Park Road. Located in Tanglewood Park, across from the Manor House. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clemmons NC 27012, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Linville (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fries Manufacturing and Power Co. (approx. 0.9 miles away); McKnight's Meeting House (approx. 1.3 miles away); Philip and Johanna Hoehns (Hanes) House The "Hattie Butner" (approx. 1.9 miles away); Wachovia Tract (approx. 3.2 miles away); Fraternity Church of the Brethren (approx. 4 miles away); Cokesbury School (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clemmons.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 13, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 872 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 13, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.