Douglas City in Trinity County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
First dedicated July, 20, 1968. Rededicated July 11, 1998 by
Erected 1968 by E Clampus Vitus, Trinitarianus Chapter 62/Trinity County Sesquicentennial Committee.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Natural Features • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1848.
Location. 40° 38.642′ N, 122° 57.373′ W. Marker is in Douglas City, California, in Trinity County. Marker can be reached from Steiner Flat Road. This marker is located in the Douglas City BLM Campground approximately Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Douglas City CA 96024, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Steel Bridge (approx. 2.9 miles away); Lowden’s Wagon Road (approx. 3.9 miles away); Hamilton’s Store (approx. 5.4 miles away); Race Track – Airport – Golf Course (approx. 5.4 miles away); Lee Family Ranch House (approx. 6 miles away); Paymaster Mine Stampmill (approx. 6 miles away); Old Section (approx. 6 miles away); Trinity Congregational Church (approx. 6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Douglas City.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Readings Bar on the Clear Creek where gold was discovered prior to this find.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 5, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 561 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 5, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.