New Paltz in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built of logs, first
first church of stone 1717.
Called "Our French Church".
Precursor Reformed Church.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Education • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1683.
Location. 41° 45.036′ N, 74° 5.306′ W. Marker is in New Paltz, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is on Huguenot, on the right when traveling north. Marker is at the edge of the cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Paltz NY 12561, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jean Hasbrouck House (within shouting distance of this marker); New Paltz Patentees (within shouting distance of this marker); New Paltz (within shouting distance of this marker); 1799 House (within shouting distance of this marker); Deyo House Dubois House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bevier House (about 500 feet away); Stone Church-1773 (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Paltz.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 1,364 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.