Port Allegany in McKean County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1948 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list.
Location. 41° 48.341′ N, 78° 16.648′ W. Marker is in Port Allegany, Pennsylvania, in McKean County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street (U.S. 6) and Port-Emporium Road (Pennsylvania Route 155), on the right when traveling east on South Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Allegany PA 16743, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Port Allegany (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Port Allegany (approx. 1.1 miles away); Port Allegany, PA Mount Equity Plantation (approx. 6.2 miles away); Saint Mary's Church (approx. 7.4 miles away); Tidewater Pipe Company (approx. 8.2 miles away); "The Bucktails" (approx. 8.8 miles away); McKean County (approx. 8.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Allegany.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 7, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 3, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 350 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 3, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.