West Lampeter Township in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The stones, timbers, and rafters used in this structure were preserved from the "Heine" Weber Barn, which was built in the Weaverland Community before the Revolutionary War.
Erected 1982 by Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 39° 58.783′ N, 76° 15.65′ W. Marker is in West Lampeter Township, Pennsylvania, in Lancaster County. Marker can be reached from Hans Herr Drive. Located Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1849 Hans Herr Dr, Willow Street PA 17584, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Heine Weber Smokehouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Millstones (within shouting distance of this marker); First Settlement in Lancaster County (approx. half a mile away); Herr House (approx. ¾ mile away); Martin Meylin’s Gunshop (approx. 1.2 miles away); Boehm's Chapel (approx. 1.3 miles away); Birthplace of the Pennsylvania Rifle (approx. 1.3 miles away); a different marker also named Boehms Chapel (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Lampeter Township.
Also see . . . Hans Herr House Museum website. (Submitted on August 2, 2013, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 30, 2013, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 445 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 30, 2013, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.