Luzern, Switzerland — Central Europe (the Alps)
Zunfthaus zu Pfistern
Das heutige Haus, erbaut 1573 – 1578, diente bis 1874 als gesellschaftshaus der Pfister. Die Zunft bestand aus Bäckern und Müllern, denen sich 1595 die Schiffleute des Pfisternauen anschlossen.
1875 löste sich die Zunft auf.
1910 wurden das Haus um ein Stockwerk erhöht. Im Innern vollständig umgebaut und als Gasthaus eingerichtet.
Die Fassadenbemalung gegenüber dem Rathaus entstand 1894 unter der Leitung von Seraphin Weingartner und zeigt die Wappen der Stubengesellen von 1408. Bemalung auf der Reussseite von 1910 und 1978.
Unter Denkmalschutz seit 1978
Umfassende Restaurierung 1978.
In 1408 the bakers guild obtained ownership of this property, on which has stood, at least since 1421, their house with its guild hall.
The present house, built 1573-1578, served until 1874 as a social house for the guild. The guild consisted of bakers and
In 1875 the guild was disbanded.
In 1910 the house was raised by one floor, completely remodeled inside, and set up as a guest house.
The facade, opposite the city hall, was painted in 1894 under the direction of Seraphin Weingartner and shows the coat of arms of the guild from 1408. The facade on the Reuss river side of the building were painted in 1910 and 1978.
A listed monument since 1978
Comprehensively restored in 1978.
Erected by Stadt der Luzern (City of Lucerne).
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Labor Unions. A significant historical year for this entry is 1408.
Location. 47° 3.105′ N, 8° 18.356′ E. Marker is in Luzern. Marker is at the intersection of Kornmarkt and Unter der Egg, on the right when traveling south on Kornmarkt. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Kornmarkt 4, Luzern 6004, Switzerland. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grain Market (within shouting distance of this marker); "Fire Alley" (within shouting distance of this marker); "By the Storks" (within shouting distance of this marker); Balthasar House (within shouting distance of this marker); Butchers’ Arch"At the White Cross" Inn (within shouting distance of this marker); Von Laufenhaus (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Fishermens Point (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Luzern.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 11, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 623 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 11, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.