Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Gettysburg in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Parish House

Christ Lutheran Church

 
 
Parish House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, August 14, 2013
1. Parish House Marker
Inscription.  Family home of Dr. Lawrence Hill 1851 – 1957. July – 1863 Supply depot of Northern Army for temporary hospital in Christ Lutheran Church.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Science & MedicineWar, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1851.
 
Location. 39° 49.848′ N, 77° 13.961′ W. Marker is in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker is on Chambersburg Street (U.S. 30), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Reverend Horatio S. Howell (a few steps from this marker); Thaddeus Stevens (a few steps from this marker); "…the pathos of those poor wounded men…" (a few steps from this marker); Christ Lutheran Church (a few steps from this marker); "…expecting to find all dead." (a few steps from this marker); The James Gettys Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Ice House Complex (within shouting distance of this marker); T.T. Tate House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gettysburg.
 
Parish House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, August 14, 2013
2. Parish House Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
Parish House Markers image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, August 14, 2013
3. Parish House Markers
All three markers can be seen in this photo.
Parish House of Christ Lutheran Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, August 14, 2013
4. Parish House of Christ Lutheran Church
Additional plaques on the building image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Devry Becker Jones, November 11, 2020
5. Additional plaques on the building
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 15, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 441 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 15, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.   5. submitted on November 12, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=67675

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 10, 2022