Harrisburg in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 15.522′ N, 76° 49.621′ W. Marker is in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, in Dauphin County. Marker is at the intersection of Derry Street and Wilhelm Street, on the right when traveling west on Derry Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Harrisburg PA 17104, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Original Location of the Paxton Congregation (approx. 0.3 miles away); John Harris, Jr. (approx. 0.4 miles away); William Maclay, Esq. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Paxton Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Paxton Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Parson John Elder House (approx. one mile away); William Howard Day (approx. 1.2 miles away); Harrisburg High School and Former John Harris High School (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harrisburg.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Other Paxton Church markers.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era •
More. Search the internet for Paxton Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 1, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,103 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on April 1, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on February 27, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.