Long Beach in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Los Alamitos • Los Cerritos
This plaque marks the dividing line between the two ranchos on which Long Beach was subsequently built. Originally a part of a Spanish land grant to Manuel Nieto in 1784. They were partitioned between the heirs by government in 1834.
Erected by Long Beach Parlor No. 278 Native Sons of the Golden West.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Hispanic Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list.
Location. 33° 45.963′ N, 118° 11.026′ W. Marker is in Long Beach, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is on East Ocean Boulevard, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Long Beach CA 90802, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Villa Riviera (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cooper Arms (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Esser House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Lafayette Complex (approx. The Campbell Mural (approx. ¼ mile away); Long Beach Unity Society of Practical Christianity Church (approx. ¼ mile away); The Broadlind Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away); Grand Army of the Republic Highway (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Long Beach.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 31, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 433 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 31, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.