Near Holland in Allegan County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Old Wing Mission
Erected 1969 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number L70.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list.
Location. 42° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5298 E 147th Avenue, Holland MI 49423, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ebenezer Reformed Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Van Raalte Farm (approx. 1.4 miles away); Holland City Hall and Firehouse No. 2 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Knickerbocker Theater (approx. 2.7 miles away); Ninth Street Christian Reformed Church (approx. 2.7 miles away); Central Avenue Christian Reformed Church (approx. 2.7 miles away); Dutch in Michigan (approx. 2.7 miles away); Outpost (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Holland.
Also see . . . Old Wing Mission. A publication edited by Robert P. Wierenga and William Van Appledorn. Full titleis Old Wing Mission: The Chronicles of the Reverend George N. and Arvilla Powers Smith, Missionary Teachers of Chief Wakazoo's Ottawa Indian Band in Western Michigan, 1838-1849. (Submitted on May 13, 2014.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 13, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 601 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 13, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.