Westminster in Carroll County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Confederate forces under Major Harry Gilmor and General Bradley T. Johnson raided the town in 1864. Union forces to and from Gettysburg camped here.
Erected by Maryland State Highway Administration.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil.
Location. 39° 34.406′ N, 76° 59.228′ W. Marker is in Westminster, Maryland, in Carroll County. Marker is on North Center Street south of North Court Street, on the left when traveling south. The marker is located on the grounds of the Carroll County Government Offices buildings. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 224 N Center St, Westminster MD 21157, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Carroll County Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); A Final Tribute (approx. 0.2 miles away); Divided Loyalties (approx. 0.2 miles away); Army of the Potomac (approx. 0.2 miles away); Aftermath of Battle (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Army of the Potomac (approx. 0.2 miles away); Memorial Gateway (approx. ¼ mile away); The Opera House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Westminster.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 27, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 306 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 27, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.