Manor Park in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Company K, 150th Ohio National Guard Infantry
Co. K. 150th O.N.G.I.
Which took part
In the defense of
Fort Stevens, D. C.
July 12, 1864
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Defenses of Washington, and the National Cemeteries series lists.
Location. 38° 58.255′ N, 77° 1.617′ W. Marker is in Manor Park in Washington, District of Columbia. Marker can be reached from Georgia Avenue Northwest (U.S. 29) north of Van Buren Street Northwest, on the right when traveling north. Marker is in Battleground National Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6645 Georgia Avenue Northwest, Washington DC 20012, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The 122nd New York Volunteer Infantry (here, next to this marker); 98th Pennsylvania Infantry (a few steps from this marker); The 25th New York Cavalry (a few steps from this marker); Roll Call (a few steps from this marker); Battleground National CemeteryBattleground National Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Automobiling on The Avenue (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of a Tulip Tree (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Manor Park.
More about this marker.
"Company K 150th Ohio
On Thursday July 11 there will be placed a modest memorial of Quincy granite in Battleground Cemetery recognizing the fact that at the battle of Fort Stevens July 11 and 12, '64 Co. K had the honor of assisting in the defense or Washington This company was from Oberlin College and any friends or comrades who can make it possible to be present are cordially invited to do so." -- The National Tribune. (Washington, D.C.), 11 July 1907.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 15, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 10, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 594 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 10, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.