Harrington Park in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Burying Ground
In use for nearly two hundred years, largely by the Blauvelt family, the earliest known burial was in 1722. The cemetery contains the graves of members of other early Bergen County families, veterans of the American Revolution and slaves. Some of the tombstones are inscribed in Dutch.
Erected 1972 by Bergen County Historical Society. (Marker Number 18.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Colonial Era • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1722.
Location. 40° 59.287′ N, 73° 58.395′ W. Marker is in Harrington Park, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is on Tappan Road, on the right when traveling west. Cemetery is above street level, and is located at the intersection of Tappan Road and Arcadia Court. The marker is on Tappan Road. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wortendyke Homesite (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Blanch-Haring House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Garret J. Durie House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Abraham D. Blauvelt Homestead (approx. 0.8 miles away); Peter A. Blauvelt House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Hilderbrant Naugle House (approx. one mile away); Site of the Myers-Bogert Grist Mill (approx. one mile away); Reformed Church of Closter (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harrington Park.
Also see . . . Bergen County Historical Society. Society website homepage (Submitted on May 23, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 13, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 23, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 2,315 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 23, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.