Williamsburg, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
"We intend to make use of a House in the City of Williamsburgh Situate on part of a Lott belonging to Mr. George Davenport as a place for the Public Worship of God according to the Practise of Protestant Dissenters of the Presbyterian denomination…"
Erected by Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era. A significant historical year for this entry is 1765.
Location. 37° 16.283′ N, 76° 41.5′ W. Marker is in Williamsburg, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of South Waller Street and York Street, on the right when traveling south on South Waller Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 South Waller Street, Williamsburg VA 23185, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Old Capitol (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The CapitolThe Public Gaol (about 600 feet away); The Secretary's Office (about 600 feet away); Charlton's Coffeehouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pasteur & Galt Apothecary Shop (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Raleigh Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wetherburn's Tavern (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williamsburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 28, 2014, by Nathan Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 380 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 28, 2014, by Nathan Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.