Gettysburg in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission marker series.
Location. 39° 49.068′ N, 77° 13.946′ W. Marker is in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker is on Taneytown Road (State Road 134), on the right when traveling north. Located at the entrance to the Gettysburg National Cemetery. Across the street from the Old Visitors Center for Gettysburg National Military Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1st New Hampshire Battery (within shouting distance of this marker); Soldiers' National Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Lincoln Speech Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); First Massachusetts Light Battery Lincoln Address Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Hall's Battery (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1st Ohio Light Artillery, Battery H (Huntington's Battery) (about 300 feet away); Third Volunteer Brigade (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gettysburg.
Also see . . .
1. The Gettysburg Address. Library of Congress page detailing the address. Includes copies of the drafts, a photograph of Lincoln at Gettysburg, and other background information. (Submitted on May 31, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. Resource Page for the Gettysburg Address. (Submitted on May 31, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Notable Events • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Gettysburg Address.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 22, 2019. This page originally submitted on May 31, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,630 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 31, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.