Bethesda in Montgomery County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Five Points, historic crossroads
Erected 1985 by Rozansky & Kay Construction Company.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1985.
Location. 38° 59.088′ N, 77° 5.667′ W. Marker is in Bethesda, Maryland, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Georgetown Road (Maryland Route 187) and Wisconsin Avenue (Maryland Route 355), on the right when traveling north on Old Georgetown Road. Route 355 goes through Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4093 Edgemoor Lane, Bethesda MD 20814, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. In Loving Memory of Robert W. Lebling (a few steps from this marker); Madonna of the Trail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Looking North up Wisconsin Avenue at Old Georgetown Road in 1940 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Georgetown Road (approx. 0.2 miles away); The First Building for the Bethesda Fire Department (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bethesda.
Regarding Five Points, historic crossroads. Edgemoor Lane no longer reaches this intersection. The Bethesda Metro Center sits on top of it.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 25, 2006, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,538 times since then and 70 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 25, 2006, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.