Clinton Township in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1972 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number S142.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list.
Location. 42° 34.137′ N, 82° 56.288′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clinton Township MI 48036, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. John Lutheran Church and Schools (approx. 2.3 miles away); Fire Apparatus Bell (approx. 2.6 miles away); Baumgartner House (approx. 2.6 miles away); The Baumgartner House 1875 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Clinton Grove Cemetery (approx. 2.8 miles away); Thomas Edison (approx. 3.1 miles away); Grace Episcopal Church (approx. 3.4 miles away); Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 3˝ miles away).
Also see . . . Gnadenhutten / The Gnadenhutten Massacre "A Day of Shame". The massacre mentioned on this historical marker is the Gnadenhutten Massacre, which has its own historical marker. (Submitted on July 17, 2015, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 17, 2015, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 413 times since then and 84 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 17, 2015, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.