Decatur in Dekalb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Dodge's & Blair's Columns Separate
Blair's corps under orders to follow Logan's 15th A.C. to Decatur turned E. along Briarcliff to Henderson's Mill Rd. where it joined Logan's column at the present Midway Church. The 15th had camped at Henderson's Mill.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 044-19.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 51.311′ N, 84° 16.896′ W. Marker is in Decatur, Georgia, in Dekalb County. Marker is at the intersection of Shallowford Road NE and Briarcliff Road NE, on the right on Shallowford Road NE. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30345, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles Site: Blake’s Mill (approx. half a mile away); Logan's 15th & Blair's 17th A.C. to Decatur (approx. 1.4 miles away); The March to Decatur (approx. 1˝ miles away); Site: Henderson’s Mill (approx. 1.7 miles away); 1941 ✯ Naval Air Station Atlanta ✯ 1959 (approx. 2 miles away); 1917 ✯ Camp Gordon ✯ 1919 (approx. 2 miles away); The Rainey Plantation (approx. 2.1 miles away); Wm. Johnston's Mill (approx. 2˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Decatur.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Dodge's & Blair's Columns Separate.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 3, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,124 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 3, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.