Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Buckholts in Milam County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Bryant Station

 
 
Bryant Station Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane Hall, October 7, 2015
1. Bryant Station Marker
Inscription.  

Pioneer village of Milam County
Established as an
Indian trading post by
Major Benjamin F. Bryant,
frontiersman who had commanded
a company in the Battle of
San Jacinto.
Appointed Indian agent in 1842 by
Sam Houston
President of the Republic of Texas

Little River crossing on
trail and stage routes,
U.S. post office, 1848-1874

Erected by the State of Texas
1936


(Bronze tablet mounted to marker)
Major Bryant’s home and trading post stood six miles southeast of this marker.
 
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 7939.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native AmericansRoads & VehiclesSettlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1842.
 
Location. 30° 54.62′ N, 97° 11.052′ W. Marker is near Buckholts, Texas, in Milam County. Marker is on
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
U.S. 190, 0.2 miles County Road 104, on the right when traveling east. Marker is located in front of the roadside picnic area. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Buckholts TX 76518, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Texas 36th Division Memorial Highway (here, next to this marker); Buckholts SPJST Lodge Hall (approx. 4.7 miles away); Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church (approx. 6.9 miles away); Davilla Baptist Church (approx. 10.3 miles away); Donahoe Community (approx. 10.9 miles away); Sharp General Store (approx. 11.1 miles away); Sharp (approx. 11.1 miles away); Sharp Presbyterian Church (approx. 11.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buckholts.
 
Also see . . .  Bryant Station, TX. From the Texas State Historical Association’s “Handbook of Texas Online”. (Submitted on November 16, 2015.) 
 
The Texas 36th Division Memorial Highway<br>and Bryant Station Markers image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane Hall, October 7, 2015
2. The Texas 36th Division Memorial Highway
and Bryant Station Markers
View to southwest across US 190
View to Northwest Along US 190 image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane Hall, October 7, 2015
3. View to Northwest Along US 190
Roadside picnic area and markers are on left (south) side of the highway
View to Southeast Along US 190 image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane Hall, October 7, 2015
4. View to Southeast Along US 190
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 16, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 509 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 16, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=90647

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 28, 2024