Near Brady in McCulloch County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Camp San Saba
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 4747.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: War, US Civil • Wars, US Indian. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1862.
Location. 30° 59.799′ N, 99° 15.505′ W. Marker is near Brady, Texas, in McCulloch County. Marker is on Wood Street east of Farm to Market Road 1955, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brady TX 76825, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Voca Waterwheel Mill (approx. 3 miles away); Peter's Prairie School (approx. 7.2 miles away); McCulloch County Courthouse (approx. 10.6 miles away); McCulloch County General Ben McCulloch, C.S.A. (approx. 10.6 miles away); McCulloch County Jail (approx. 10.7 miles away); Union Passenger Depot (approx. 10.8 miles away); East Sweden Presbyterian Church (approx. 11.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brady.
Also see . . . Early History of Camp San Saba. From J. Marvin Hunter’s Frontier Times Magazine, March, 1933 (Submitted on November 26, 2015.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 26, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 681 times since then and 125 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 26, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.